Tuesday, February 12, 2008

February 12, 2008 Pitch Black Prison

They see me as a cocoon,
Hanging so beautiful and precious
Afraid, though, to take me down
For fear of unfinished changes
They admire me as they pass by
Amazed by the colors and complex design
Not a single one questioning why
Why I've yet to escape from where I'm confined.

All it would take to release me from here
Is for someone to finally see things clear
To see that this cocoon is in face just a shell
One which contains me in my personal hell
Within which I slowly suffocate inside
Killing off the emotions which I wish to hide.

At this point I'm inhuman,
Swallowed by complexity, unable to see reality.

This prison was not a choice
To be trapped here with no voice
"I'll love you to death.", my last audible cry
As if to prove it, I'm left here to die.

Someone, anyone, cut me down and take me out
Believe in me with zero doubt
I'll try to prove to be the one
You've always dreamed of, and far beyond.

No comments: