Sunday, February 17, 2008

February 17, 2008 "Question the Paradox."

The days my eyes turn black,
The days the skies turn gray,
The days the ice will never melt,
The days the rain will never stop,
Those are the days I think of you.

I've never turned my back on anything,
Been betrayed but never backstabbed,
I've always seen it coming.
The sky will rain ash,
The lakes turn to fire,
But you'll never stop me.

You're in the way of all I need.

I'm in the background,
Changing everything before you,
And you won't notice till it's too late.

Yes, I'm destroying you. It's that simple.
But you'll never see it coming, it's right in front of you.
I'm making you and breaking you together.

You refused to break me when I asked you to.
I needed it. You argued.
Now I've lost everything, because I kept going the way I was.

It's almost simple, it's almost easy.
Just write myself off to someone else,
do for them what I couldn't do for myself.
But no one I find that it'd be worth it to do that for
Can allow me to do that for them.

I wish I could just change the world one time,
To make things fit the way I wish they would,
To show someone, just once, the person I could
Become for them, to make both sides happy again.

But I'll never get that chance, I can't seem to act at the right times,
Even as I write this, unable to find any relevant rhymes,
To help me get my point across.

I don't know how to convince someone to trust me that much,
When I can't give them an example of what's in store,
If I tried, it wouldn't be true.

Where's the answer?

No comments: