Monday, February 11, 2008

February 11, 2008. "Yours Gone As Well As Mine"

Your words, which I once chose to be my guides,

Have now become worthless, and nothing but lies.

Your eyes, which before were so caring and warm,

Now strike with the sting of a thousand bee swarm.

Your hands, before such a comforting touch,

Now cold and lifeless with no sense of trust.

Your smile used to shine like a beacon of light,

Now wickedly glows as a wolf’s teeth in the night.

Your heart, once innocent and so full of trust,

But a downpour of lies has caused it to rust.

Our love, which we thought would help us both mend,

Now leaves us bitter, enraged till the end.

My heart, which once did belong to you,

Now cannot see what’s false and what’s true.

My smile, the one you brought to my face each day,

Now turns to indifference, and is faded away.

My hands, once warm has you held them through the days,

Now cold and bleeding as I navigate life’s maze.

My eyes, once bright and vibrant with life,

Now darkened voids while filled with this strife.

My words, their meaning was for your ears to gauge,

Now can only exist as the ink on this page...

No comments: