Monday, February 11, 2008

February 11, 2008. "Anti-Perfection"

Why

Why am I

Why am I expected

To do these impossible tasks.

This

This indecision

This indecision keeps me frozen

Unable to take a step from this track.

And all the while you see me here,

Screaming the words that only you hear,

You say you'll be ready at an impossible time,

That when you open your eyes, I should open mine.

You know I won't see it, you know I'll be blind

And you'll find someone else within that time

To you I'm your backup, if the now falls apart

You know that it's wrong, but you don't have the heart

To admit that I'm the one you wanted this time,

But all your friends made it into some sort of crime,

To give us the chance, that you still desire,

As if to care for me is to be set afire...

So this is the anthem to those that ran from me,

Those who ignored me and tried to destroy me,

You think that by running, you'll finally be rid of me,

But forever you'll carry the memory of me.

Cause what you have now, you know I was better,

And as you read this, every line, every letter,

A part of you dies, knowing it's true,

That you threw away what could have been perfect for you...

No comments: