Tuesday, February 12, 2008

2007, Karmaic Regret

Let it be known

This mistake is my own.

Trusting you -

I'm a fool.

Forgetting you -

That's the rule.

The same excuses -

All heard before.

Fate muses -

But a heart is torn.

But fate just might

Have this all set right.

Barbed wire to twist tight

'Round your heart in the night.

Fate may make your heart deprived

Of the love you've for so long strived

May take your love and turn it black

Liquid, running, falling through the cracks.

Or maybe that's wrong.

Maybe I've erred.

Maybe being strong

Has my thoughts impaired.

Maybe fate avenges one

A past of mine long said and done

Maybe this misery and pain

Is the only bleach to clean the stain

Of how I've treated people from the past

Maybe I'm to be - to the last -

Alone, afraid, and empty inside

To suffer this way to the end of time.

No comments: