Tuesday, November 18, 2008

This post is one which is quite...unique.

I've decided to do nothing but write, starting now, about anyone whose name pops into my head.

I won't name who it is. Feel free to find me on AIM (sixpackreich) if you think a verse pertains to you, or if you are curious who a specific verse pertains to. There are no secrets.

Read on.

For two years I considered you my closest friend,
I believed that the bond between us couldn't break or bend,
Little did I know this is how it would end,
I really don't know just how you intend
To fend for yourself, without me to lend
An ear or a thought, or the time that I'd spend,
Or the hand I'd extend to just try to amend
The issues between us, the one I called "friend."

In much less time, another has come and done the same,
Turned around and left just the way she came,
Disappeared during the chaos when I was putting out the flames
Of a side of me that I never bothered to label with a name,
Thought everything I did was just a sick part of a game,
Believed I was wild, when all I did was collected and tame,
Maybe one day she'll figure out that I'm not the one to blame,
Unimportant are their names - to me they're both the same.

Even quicker than those before, this one left her mark on my heart,
Should have known it was a disaster from the start,
Fell under the false notion that she'd understand my art,
Within just a few months our ways would part,
Just as her emotions turned, so will this verse,
Even though the words she chose were cold and terse,
They're not even close to the pain from what's worse -
The fact that it was those words in which I immersed.

I'm able to move on from these without a single tear,
Because of the lessons learned from a guide through the years,
Never letting me turn and run, pushing me to face the fears,
But never chose to interfere, to take the wheel and steer,
When words fell on deaf ears, this one would still hear,
Without them, life would not have led me here,
Always meaning in their words, even if at first not clear,
Contain most of the concepts in life which I still hope to mirror.

Another face has joined the picture in recent times,
One whom I hope finds the hidden meaning in these rhymes,
Regardless of how little I know of the mind behind those eyes,
I'm willing to risk the chance that what I've seen is a disguise,
And no matter how many times I'm told it's unwise,
Ignoring the amount of logic this decision defies,
I'll answer all questions, with nothing hidden, when they arise,
Hope that my trust in them will rise.

Odd.

I expected this to be quite longer. There were more people who found their way into my thoughts, but I could not find any words to write for these people. Maybe a later time will change that.

Either way, feel free to ask who any specific verse pertains to - as well as ask what they mean, if they apply to you personally. I took quite a bit of time on most of these.

1 comment:

Laura Jayne said...

A wonderful writing. Just letting the thoughts flow is a beautiful thing.