Sunday, May 18, 2008

"Riverside" - May 18th, 2008

Giving up this part of me
Shatter it so you can be
Happy and free as the fish at sea,
While my nights alone, you can't see,
The sinking feeling just won't cease,
My heart's not an apartment lease,
Spend some time there then up and leave,
You're turning the page, I'm lost in the crease,
You had this total shell of mine breached,
You had been were no one else had reached,
Each of us, so much to learn, so much to teach,
I saw it, and clung to it, becoming a leech,
Digging this hole of mine deeper with each
Passing day, no matter how much I beg and plead,
Within these words which I've no doubt you'll read,
No matter how much my soul leaks and bleeds,
It's the pain like this upon which my closed heart feeds,
I'm always subject to everyone else's needs,
Your whims the wind to my river's reeds,
Left alone to wish to be plucked from the weeds.

No comments: